I’ve been getting questions lately regarding deflate gate. Now if you’re asking what is deflate gate? Then you’re in the right place! Here’s what you need to know regarding the latest NFL scandal.
- Last Sunday, the New England Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts 45-7 in a rainy northeast storm.
- Shortly after the win, rumors began to swarm that the Patriots had deflated the footballs used in the game. Now both teams had to play with these deflated balls, but if the Pats had been practicing with them all week, this would be to their advantage.
- The NFL released this statement “evidence thus far supports the conclusion that footballs that were under-inflated were used by the Patriots in the first half” …which really doesn’t tell us much.
- Apparently there have been claims that the Pats use this under inflated tactic in the past. And New England does have a reputation for cheating. Head coach, Bill Belichick, was found guilty of spying in an appropriately named scandal.
- New England QB, Tom Brady, gave a press conference that has led to much comedy on the Internet since he kept referring to the footballs as…well… “his balls.” Watch the washable video here…
- While we wait for the investigation to happen it’s important to know that the Super Bowl will in fact go on. The penalties are numerous and it’s up to the commissioner to select the penalty if they are found guilty. The minimum is a $25,000 fine but the league can impose a stiffer penalty if they see fit.
All in all, if they’re found guilty, I think we could see a stiffer penalty given all of the issues the NFL has had this year. Stay tuned for the verdict!