All of us can relate to the constant struggle of keeping our white sheets white. Wouldn’t it just be a lot easier to give in and settle for darker sheets? Well, until we give up our stubborn desire for white sheets here are a few tips to keep your sheets whiter longer:
- Only wash your white sheets with other white articles. The last thing you want is color from your clothes leaking onto your white sheets in the wash.
- Use warm water when washing sheets, but never hot. Washing and drying sheets with high temperatures can lead to a break down of the fibers which over times lessens the ability of sheets to stay white.
- Skip the bleach! As strange as it may seem, bleach may actually be causing the weakening and discoloration of your white sheets. For a safe whitening boost try one of these bleach alternatives: all natural bleach alternative or oxygen brightener.
- If you can, dry your sheets in the sun! The sunlight has a natural bleaching effect that is said to leave your sheets stunningly white!
- Vinegar is said to not only whiten, but soften fabrics as well. Adding about a half a cup of distilled white vinegar to your load of laundry is a natural way to keep your sheets white and soft. Vinegar also helps to get rid of left over soap and build up in linens!