I thought it would be nice to share a few of the best foods to continue incorporating into your daily diet. The silver lining about this list? All of the foods are especially great for achieving a flat stomach…just in time for bikini season. (Who would have thought the secret to a flat stomach was hidden in your refrigerator?) So be sure to take note of these foods the next time you plan your grocery shopping list:
- Raspberries (as well as strawberries and blueberries) are packed with fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer (and–ahem–more regular). Plus they are packed with vitamin C, which is good for your immune system as well as your skin.
- Kale is a natural anti-inflammatory; it helps reduce bloat and it also revs up the metabolism because it is a flavonoid. Eat up!
- Oatmeal maintains blood sugar levels so you don’t crash and binge. Plus it’s full of fiber so it will keep you satiated.
- Low-fat yogurt not only has calcium, but it is also a probiotic that fights fat storage and prevents bloat.
- Almonds are packed with healthy fats that reduce food cravings while building muscle. Consider almonds the ultimate power snack.
- Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which help bump up your metabolism so your body burns fat faster and more efficiently.
- Watermelon is–just as you expected–full of water (about 92% to be exact). It actually helps flush extra water from your system, which in turn reduces puffiness.
- Garlic is a magical thing. It helps reduce fat in the liver, it detoxifies and it lessens bloating. To maximize its benefits, take a few fresh slivers of garlic and sandwich them between two thinly sliced apple wedges and smear them with a little honey. Eat this before bed to reap all the benefits.
- Avocado is loaded with lots of healthy fats that burn fat while providing your body with energy.
- Quinoa is a magical whole grain that is packed with protein (11 grams for just a half cup) and fiber so it keeps you feeling full longer.
If you have any recipes that include the foods listed above, be sure to share them in the comments below.
Which flat belly food is your favorite? For me, it’s a tie between raspberries and avocado.