We all want to do something cute and fun on Valentine’s Day. It’s a great way to plan a date night with your significant other and truly show your appreciation for each other… even if it is kind of a “cheesy” holiday. AND: It’s on a Saturday this year, which is great if you wanted to go wine tasting or on a weekend getaway. Because we want you to have the best Valentine’s Day ever, here are some unique date ideas for those who want to spice things up a bit!
1. For those of you who might need a little R&R, plan a spa day with your significant other. Schedule a couples massage followed by an evening of wine tasting.
2. Maybe you’re on a budget? Make your own Taco Bar. Go to the store together and gather all of the fixings – guacamole, salsa, cheese, Cabo Chips – you name it, and enjoy a $20 or less date night where the only thing that really matters is being with each other. Here are a few other date night ideas for $20 or less, just in case tacos aren’t your thing.
3. Plan out your sexy date night… in a box! Here’s how: Find a box that’s big enough to hold whatever it is you have in mind. Maybe you’re planning dinner + a movie? In the box you can put in movie tickets, microwaveable popcorn and only the best of movie theater candy (aka Mike & Ike’s). Or, if you want to stay in, plan a playful box with card games, wine + a little sexy lingerie for later.
4. Go on a a weekend getaway to a cute little bed & breakfast! Here is a great site that you can use to find the best deals & cutest locations. Our personal fave? Going up north to Napa, scheduling a night of wine tasting , and roaming the vineyards.
5. Make reservations for a rooftop dinner. Candle-light? Check. Starlit sky? Check. Decadent wine? Check. As traditional as this last date idea may sound, it’s a wonderful way to enjoy each other’s company in an elevated setting. Getting dressed up for each other is nice to do every once in a while; spices things up a bit.
Do you have any ideas for how to spend this Valentine’s Day?