The best bodies aren’t made in the gym, they’re made in the kitchen! It’s true – your body needs top quality fuel to be able to perform at it’s peak. The best way to get it is by making it yourself.
Here are a couple, quick and tasty snacks.
Strawberry Lime Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1 – 5.3-oz container Greek lime-flavored yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together.
Peanut Butter Protein Bombs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 cup mini cocoa chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a medium saucepan until melted.
- In a bowl, mix protein and oats.
- Add melted peanut butter and honey mixture to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are fully mixed together.
- Mold the mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before munching!
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar-free sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix protein, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, pumpkin, applesauce, and sweetener.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 12-14 minutes.